A note from CPL Retail Energy about Coronavirus
COVID-19 - Online Resources
Your safety and peace of mind is of utmost importance to us. We at CPL Retail Energy want to let you know that we are committed to you and to ensuring that we continue to power and protect your home, no matter how extreme the weather or circumstance.
Like you, we have been closely monitoring reports and guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Rest assured that we have taken action and our team is fully prepared to ensure that we continue to provide the energy and services you expect and deserve from us.
Support for Affected Customers
We're here to support our customers affected by the COVID-19 situation. Please make note of the following updates:
- COVID-19 Relief Program: Any financial benefits you may have received on your bills as part of the Texas Public Utility Commission's COVID-19 Relief Program will end on September 30, 2020.
- CPL Retail Energy has provided disconnection protection for consumers who have been approved for the COVID-19 Electricity Relief Program. However, this disconnection protection will expire after September 30, 2020.
If you're experiencing financial hardship at this time, the following options are available to you:
- Deferred Payment Plan: You can set up a formal arrangement with us to pay an outstanding electric bill in installments. Call 1-866-322-5563 to get started.
- Payment Extensions: Get a short-term extension of the due date for the full payment of your past-due balance. Call 1-866-322-5563 to get started.
- Neighbor-to-Neighbor: Contact the local community action agency in your area for assistance paying your electric bill.
Shopping for Electricity?
Online Account Manager
To save you time and give you flexibility, your Online Account Manager is available 24/7 to help you manage your account anytime, anywhere on any device. It's your one-stop shop for making a payment, viewing past bills, and more:
- Pay Your Bill
- View Past Bills
- Manage Payment Methods
- Enroll in Auto Pay
- Renew Your Plan
- Transfer Your Service
If you haven't set up your online account yet, we encourage you to do so - it's quick and easy.
Make a One-Time Payment
One-Time Payment: Our fastest payment method!
Especially during these times, energy for your home and all the things that depend on it is critical. Please make sure all of your contact information is up-to-date so that we can keep you informed and updated. Also, enroll in auto-pay and e-bill to save yourself time, provide peace-of-mind and give yourself one less thing to do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our frequently asked questions on billing, outages, our services and more.
Get in touch with our dedicated support team by starting a live chat at the bottom of this page, giving us a call, or sending a message. Visit our contact us page to learn more.
With the increased potential of staying home during the day and warmer weather on the way, it’s never been a better time to be more conscious of home energy usage. Texas customers can register on the Smart Meter Texas website to help monitor their energy use in real time. Our blog has several tips you can use to reduce your energy use as well.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or your local health department website.
Information during this time is more critical than ever. We will continue to monitor all aspects of COVID-19 closely and pledge to update our website with necessary information, as needed.
We’re proud to serve you and your family and hope you stay safe during this time. Thank you for being a CPL Retail Energy customer.