How does an Average Billing Plan work with CPL?
Basically, what you're billed each month is a rolling average of your electric usage for the previous 11 months plus your usage from the current month. We divide that amount by 12 (because there are 12 months in a year) and factor in current electricity rates in Texas and other outside elements.
To be eligible for an Average Billing Plan:
- Your account must be current and paid in full;
- All subsequent invoices with CPL must be paid on time;
- You cannot be currently enrolled in a Payment Extension or Deferred Payment Plan;
- You aren't currently enrolled in Summary Billing; and
- All service addresses on your CPL account must be enrolled in the Average Bill Plan.