How does a Deferred Payment Plan work with CPL?
A Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) is an agreement between CPL and you as a customer. A DPP allows you to pay an outstanding balance in installments.
You have to meet these five criteria to sign up for a DPP:
- No Insufficient Funds payments in the last 30 days;
- No more than two (2) Insufficient Funds payments on your account in the last 12 months;
- No Broken Payment Extensions in the last 90 days;
- No Broken DPP's in the last six (6) months; and
- You make the required 50% Down payment.
We can only create a DPP for your entire overdue balance. A DPP arrangement can be set up for two to five installments, but all installments must be for equal amounts. The balance on your bill will show as "past due" until you completely pay the DPP in full. Also, you are required to pay your normal monthly charges on all subsequent bills in addition to the agreed-upon DPP amount each month.
If you are interested in signing up for a DPP with CPL, please call Customer Service at 1-866-322-5563.