I just signed up for electricity, but I received an Order Pending message. What does this mean?
If you see "Order Pending," that means we weren't able to verify your identity with the information you entered on your order. So, because we want to protect your identity and make sure we sign up the correct person and home with CPL, we need to view some extra information from you.
Before we can finish your order with CPL, you need to show us two valid forms of government-issued identification:
- The first must show your name and date of birth (such as a driver's license or state issued ID); and
- The second verifies your Social Security number (such as your Social Security card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) card, or ITIN letter).
Here is the list of all forms of documentation we accept to verify your identity:
- Passport Card
- Department of Defense ID
- Green Card
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Nexus Card
- Sentri Card
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- State-Issued ID
- Social Security Card
- ITIN Card
- ITIN Letter
You can also submit any document from the government of your country of origin as long as it contains a photograph of you.
To submit these documents:
- Send them via email to TexasCredit@FirstChoicePower.com; or
- Fax them to 1-866-745-6571.
If you have any other questions about the "Order Pending" status, please contact us at 1-855-788-8923 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm).