Home Services

Texas FAQs

New Customer & Moving

Do you waive the deposit?

You may be eligible to have CPL Retail Energy waive the deposit requirement if you meet one of the following criteria:

65 or older
If you are 65 years of age or older, please send us a copy of your driver's license or state ID. You must not have any overdue electricity payments.

Victim of domestic violence
If you are a victim of domestic violence as recognized by the Texas Council on Family Violence, you can send us a completed and signed certification letter from the Texas Council on Family Violence to confirm your status.

Letter of credit
If you have been a residential customer of any retail electric provider or an electric utility within the last two years and were not late paying a bill more than once in the last 12 months, please contact your current electricity provider to provide a letter of credit on your behalf.

Letter of guarantee
A letter of guarantee is a form letter from someone who is already a current CPL Retail Energy customer in good standing and who will act as a guarantor for your CPL Retail Energy account. Please call us to request this form be sent to you.

Medically indigent
If you are considered medically indigent as certified by a government entity or government-funded energy assistance program provider and physician, please provide us with documentation.

For any of the situations above, you can send us your information by:

Once we receive your documentation, we'll let you know that we've sent a request for your CPL Retail Energy service to begin.

Remember, we cannot send the order to start your electric service until we confirm your status, so please send us the forms as soon as you can. We will hold your enrollment for 15 days or until this information is received, whichever comes first.

Customer Support
Follow Us

CPL Facebook page CPL Twitter page