Here are some important things you need to know in the event a hurricane hits your area.
- The most important thing to remember is to pay attention to the warnings given by your local forecasters and emergency personnel.
- Make sure to prepare for the hurricane and purchase supplies including food, flashlights and first aid kit.
- Plan an escape route so you are prepared in the event you have to evacuate your home.
- If you cannot evacuate, stay away from all windows and exterior doors.
For more information on how to be prepared for a hurricane, please view the "How Hurricanes Impact You" infographic and the important websites and phone numbers listed below.
- American Red Cross 1-866-438-4636
- FEMA 1-800-525-0321
- Contact AEP for Outages 1-866-223-8508
TRUST US WITH YOUR HOME SERVICES NEEDS
Need an A/C tune-up or home protection plan? Take advantage of our first-class home services offers provided by America's largest home services provider.Home Services